Study Technique

January 27, 2016

I’m sorry that it’s been a while since my last post – this really isn’t what I’d intended for the beginning of a New Year. Unfortunately, at my sixth form, mock exams take place immediately after the holidays and as a result I haven’t had the time to write a single thing, however much I'd have liked to. The only real benefit of my recent workload is the series of techniques that I've developed in order to keep my stress to a minimum and remain as productive as possible. Today I thought I'd share some of these with you, in the hope that they prove useful when your exams come along...

--  One of the most important things to remember is to start early. It's so much easier to do a couple of hours of revision a day than to attempt to learn your entire course overnight. 

--  Making a plan can make a large workload seem a lot less overwhelming. Create a short list of achievable goals and focus on one task at a time. 

--  The SelfControl app allows you to create a 'blacklist' of the websites that distract you from revision and then blocks them for however long you choose. 

--  Creating a revision playlist can help to get you into the mood to revise, as well as make your revision seem a little less dull. Ideally, the playlist should only contain instrumental pieces, but I've been enjoying listening to this instead. 

-- Leaving pep talks in revision notes can be useful when you get bored or need reminding of what you're working towards. It might seem strange but, suprisingly, it helps.

-- Don't overdo it. Remember to take care of yourself: go easy on the caffeine (get enough sleep instead!), stay hydrated and take breaks when you need to. 

What motivates you to keep studying?


4 comments on "Study Technique"
  1. Great advice!

    XoXo,

    Tamara
    www.thewestcoastexplorer.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know that there's such app! And creating a instrumental playlist is a great idea for those who need music when they focus :)
    Thanks for sharing this xx

    Kaylee | JK's Dawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A good playlist can definitely work wonders!

      Delete